Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall Day Trip "Great Adventures"

Have you ever woke up and just wanted to do something totally different for a change? Sunday was my day, I woke up feeling like I wanted to do something different from my typical sunday adventures. I decided to get up and make my way to "Six Flags Great Adventure" you know more flags more fun six flags. The bus ride there from the always interesting Port Authority Bus Terminal was simple and resonable at a cool $28.00. The admission to the park was hefty and even more so since I decided to purchase a fall pass (four visits until the close of the season ($50.00)) and into the park I went. At this point I decided I didn't want to wait in lines all day so I purchased a Gold Flash Pass ($80.00)and then I hit the trail to the mighty awesome and majestic "Khinda KA". After a 5 minute wait at the head of the line (Gold Pass) I was strapped in fierce and it flew,absolutely off the hook, everything they said it was and more. Off the MF chain! It was so fierce that I lost my bridge whipping over the top, I know thats going to be a nice dental bill!From there it was on to the "Superman" ride that was not all that from a ride stand point but it was interesting becase it elevates you into a flat position sinmilar to flying so you hit the pops dips and spins face down. That made a mediocre roller coaster into a cool one. Remeber food in the park "ain't Cheap" sodas were four bucks and a hot dog three just to give you an idea. Yeah I broke down and had a few. Basically the day was a great adventure plenty of eye candy and family if you get my drift! All of the top attractions lived up to the hype and I plan to go back with some hot number in the near future. Great Adventures is recommended as a day trip with easy and affordable public transportation from Philly, New York and Newark. Open everyday until November 2nd. Enjoy

No comments: